Dale Carnegie was a popular American author, professor, and founder of classes like public speaking, salesmanship, interactive skills, and self-improvement. He was born in Maryville, Missouri in a poor family on November 24, 1888, and died on November 1, 1955 in Queens, New York.
He has published the famous, world-known books and writings “Public Speaking and Influencing Men in Business”, “Public Speaking: a Practical Course for Business Men”, “How to Win Friends and Influence People” and “The Art of Public Speaking” among many others.
Carnegie had a strong passion and love for public speaking and since his early age he was active in high school debates. Carnegie went to study at the Teachers College of Warrensburg State and later became an Armor salesman for a Company in Nebraska. After this, he moved to live in New York and pursue a theater career, giving public speech classes at the Christian Young Men’s Association. As a consequence, he started training his own classes and also started working on writing pamphlets that would eventually be printed as books.
He believed that speaking in public and interacting with people through a public speech was the most efficient and quickest way to develop self-esteem and self-confidence.
Here we have gathered an Awesome Collection of 28 Most Inspiring Quotes of Dale Carnegie:
Dale Carnegie Quotes
1. “You can conquer almost any fear if you will only make up your mind to do so. For remember, fear doesn’t exist anywhere except in the mind.” – Dale Carnegie
2. “You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.” – Dale Carnegie
3. “Happiness doesn’t depend on any external conditions, it is governed by our mental attitude” – Dale Carnegie
4. “Only knowledge that is used sticks in your mind.” – Dale Carnegie
5. “We all have possibilities we don’t know about. We can do things we don’t even dream we can do.” – Dale Carnegie
6. “Take a chance! All life is a chance. The man who goes farthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare.” – Dale Carnegie
7. “Fear doesn’t exist anywhere except in the mind.” – Dale Carnegie
8. “If some people are so hungry for a feeling of importance that they actually go insane to get it, imagine what miracle you and I can achieve by giving people honest appreciation this side of insanity.” – Dale Carnegie
9. “Instead of worrying about what people say of you, why not spend time trying to accomplish something they will admire” – Dale Carnegie
10. “There is only one way… to get anybody to do anything. And that is by making the other person want to do it.” – Dale Carnegie
11. “For better or worse, you must play your own instrument in the orchestra of life.” – Dale Carnegie
12. “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving.” – Dale Carnegie
13. “Don’t be afraid of enemies who attack you. Be afraid of the friends who flatter you.” – Dale Carnegie
14. “Try honestly to see things from the other person’s point of view.” – Dale Carnegie
15. “Talk to someone about themselves and they’ll listen for hours.” – Dale Carnegie
16. “Are you bored with life? Then throw yourself into some work you believe in with all your heart, live for it, die for it, and you will find happiness that you had thought could never be yours.” – Dale Carnegie
17. “Don’t be afraid to give your best to what seemingly are small jobs. Every time you conquer one it makes you that much stronger. If you do the little jobs well, the big ones will tend to take care of themselves.” – Dale Carnegie
18. “Feeling sorry for yourself, and your present condition, is not only a waste of energy but the worst habit you could possibly have.” – Dale Carnegie
19. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
20. “You never achieve success unless you like what you are doing.” – Dale Carnegie
21. “Remember happiness doesn’t depend on who you are or what you have; it depends solely upon what you think” – Dale Carnegie
22. “Do the thing you fear to do and keep on doing it… that is the quickest and surest way ever yet discovered to conquer fear.” – Dale Carnegie
23. “It isn’t what you have or who you are or where you are or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about it.” – Dale Carnegie
24. “Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.” – Dale Carnegie
25. “Action seems to follow feeling, but really action and feeling go together; and by regulating the action, which is under the more direct control of the will, we can indirectly regulate the feeling, which is not.” – Dale Carnegie
26. “You can’t win an argument. You can’t because if you lose it, you lose it; and if you win it, you lose it.” – Dale Carnegie
27. “Big shots are only little shots who kept on shooting.” – Dale Carnegie
28. “Do the hard jobs first. The easy jobs will take care of themselves.” – Dale Carnegie
Thank you for reading Collection of 28 Most Inspiring Dale Carnegie quotes! Don’ forget to share it on social media.
Which Dale Carnegie quotes do you like most? Let us know in the comments section below.